Monday, October 13, 2008

Volleyball Season


Volleyball season just started now, and we just had our first volleyball meet over at Akiak. Six teams from different sites were supposed to travel, but two teams didn't make it. Plus, I was on a second plane to go over to Akiak, but then it JP Air wouldn't come back to pick me up because my other teammates that were in the plane almost skidded off the runway while landing. But, then I left early in the next morning on a Saturday, which was awkward for me. I'm not used to traveling on a Saturday, because most student participants usually head out on Fridays. Anyway, our first real game was against Tuntutuliak, which we won with no effort. On our next game with Akiak, the ones that got first in our Mixed-Six Regional Tournament last year, we even won against them before we started sweating. That was a good weekend we had for my teammates and I. Plus, we didn't have a full team with us. Only six players gone to Akiak, and four of our good players weren't eligible. I hope that we have a wonderful season, and I do wish that we have full team this year.

No comments: